New Canaan Preservation Alliance’s Annual Awards recognize projects involving the preservation of historic structures in New Canaan, which have undergone restoration, rehabilitation, or adaptive reuse, including sympathetic and appropriate additions. The Awards are given for residential, commercial, municipal, religious, or eleemosynary projects.
It is important that the original structure maintains its historic integrity; the original architecture of the structure must be enhanced, not be compromised, covered or blocked from view from a public way. Retention of original windows is preferred.
The Awards are presented at the Annual Birthday Party of the Alliance in May, which is open to the public.
- 2008 Winners
- 2009 Winners
- 2010 Winners
- 2011 Winners
- 2012 Winners
- 2013 Winners
- 2014 Winners
- 2019 Winners
Time to Submit an Award Nomination
Are you aware of someone who has done such a great job on restoring his property that he or she should get an award? Do you deserve one yourself? Has the former eyesore in your neighborhood become the shining star on your road, while maintaining its historic integrity?
The New Canaan Preservation Alliance is seeking your Preservation Award nominations for outstanding residential OR commercial OR municipal OR eleemosynary OR religious historic preservation projects. Awards are presented to owners at NCPA’s Annual Birthday Party in May, which is open to the public.
NCPA’s Awards recognize projects involving the preservation of historic structures in New Canaan, which have undergone restoration, rehabilitation, or adaptive reuse, including sympathetic and appropriate additions.
Criteria For Selection
- Work should have been completed within the last three years.
- Building should be over 50 years old unless it is one of our Moderns, in which case it could be younger.
- New additions to the original structure should be clearly differentiated from the original.
- Retention of original period windows is preferred.
- The original architecture of the structure should be enhanced, not be compromised, covered or blocked from view from a public way.
Deadline for nominations is March 31st.
To Submit your nomination please include the following information:
- A description of the subject with its address; owners name if known.
- A photograph of the structure would be helpful
- Your name and contact
Email your Nomination to the Awards Committee:
Mail Your Nomination To The Awards Committee:
Nomination to the Awards Committee
New Canaan Preservation Alliance,
PO Box 124, New Canaan, CT 06840