Award to Rev. Msgr. William J. Sheyd and members of the church.
St Aloysius Church (detail), designed in 1916 by Timothy G. O’Connell, Boston architect; converted to Rectory and Parish Center in 1985.
Recent rehabilitation: Bricks were cleaned and 5,000 spalling ones replaced, mortar repointed, concrete lintels and window frames repaired an/or replaced, parapets covered with lead-coated copper flashing. Foundations were parged with gunite and new drainage installed; the undercroft was opened up to create a large new community space by means of enormous steel beams inserted to support the entire building.
Salvatore Zarella, Construction Management Group LLC of New Canaan directed the project.