Home>Awards>St. Aloysius Church

St. Aloysius Church

St Aloysius Church (detail), designed in 1916 by Timothy G. O’Connell, Boston architect; converted to Rectory and Parish Center in 1985.

Recent rehabilitation: Bricks were cleaned and 5,000 spalling ones replaced, mortar repointed, concrete lintels and window frames repaired an/or replaced, parapets covered with lead-coated copper flashing. Foundations were parged with gunite and new drainage installed; the undercroft was opened up to create a large new community space by means of enormous steel beams inserted to support the entire building.

Salvatore Zarella, Construction Management Group LLC of New Canaan directed the project.

Award to Rev. Msgr. William J. Sheyd and members of the church.